Call for the Forum of the Future Leaders of ICNA at the ICNC2018, Mumbai
Time: Sunday Nov. 18th from 7:00 - 7:45 am
Location: Grand Ballroom
Support: Light breakfast buffet
This is an open invitation to all:
- Senior trainees and individuals within first 5 years of their academic appointment, including all FLICNA ‘pilot’ group members who have already registered on ICNApedia, who have an interest in advancing the goals of ICNA to promote excellence in clinical care, education and research internationally and to more specifically articulate the goals of the next generation of child neurologists and the needs/issues within their specific regions
- Includes individuals from ALL 6 geographic regions (East Asia/Oceanian, West Asia, Africa, Europe, South and Central America and North America)
- Following the forum, there will be a NEW updated CALL for nominations on ICNApedia to permit those who now qualify to consider applying with a request for:
- Nomination letters by two current members of ICNA
- Short biosketch (150 words)
- Position statement of regional goals for ICNA (150 words)/li>
- Must be a member of ICNA
Followed by a general electronic election with selection of the top two nominees per region (based on highest number of votes) who will become members of the Council of FLICNA. The individual with the highest number of votes overall will become the Chair of the Council and will attend ICNA Executive Board meetings annually to represent the goals and issues/needs of the Council.
The Council of FLICNA will organize their own independent meetings whether on-site and paired with regional or international Child Neurology Society meetings or by conference calls.
- Their mandate will be to define region-specific
- Goals for next 4 years with an anticipated timeline for attainment
- Metrics for success
- Perceived obstacles
- Work on educational templates and reports for ICNApedia and JICNA with an EB member
- There will be opportunities for identification of distance career mentors in clinical and research arenas within the subspecialty goal/interest of members of FLICNA.
All Welcome including ICNA members who are established clinicians and clinical and basic research investigators and who have experience and or an interest in becoming mentors.